Anglais - Vocabulaire

Quand Socrate rencontre Shakespear: discussions littéraires, langues étrangères, histoire ou géographie.
PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

Anglais - Vocabulaire

par PetitePounette » 12 Mai 2007, 17:38

Bonjour voilà j'aimerai vfaire une phrase en anglais qui nessecite le modal should, le problème est que je peux pas l'utiliser au prétérit donc voila :

Nous devions rester près de notre mère pendant qu'elle fesait les courses mais nous étions fatigués et nous nous asseyames sur un banc.

--> We ..... stay close our mother during that she got some shopping but we were tired and we sit up on the bench.

Flodelarab
Membre Légendaire

par Flodelarab » 12 Mai 2007, 18:09

Cette phrase n'a aucun rapport avec le modal should.
Je vois une obligation dans le passé.

We had to stay close to our mother during her shopping but we were tired and we sat down on the bench.

Voilà qui me choque un peu moins.

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 12 Mai 2007, 18:38

ah d'accord merki

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 14:07

Bonjour, voila j'aurais encore besoin d'aide pour construire uen phrase, je voudrai utiliser used to + verbe mais euhj e suis pas sure parce que en plus de l'habitude c'est aussi une obligation donc voila ma phrase si quelqu'un pouvait m'aider svp :

Moreover, everyday, the family went out for a walk and all his time, I used to house-clean.

Nightmare
Membre Légendaire

par Nightmare » 13 Mai 2007, 14:12

Bonjour,

Faut-il forcément used+to ? Car on pourrait dire :
Moreover, everyday the family went for a walk and meanwhile i usually had to clean the house.

On peut aussi dire pour utiliser used+to :

Moreover, the family was used to going for a walk whereas i had to clean the house

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 14:16

ah oué merki, ben oui il faut parce que je dois le mettre dans mon devoir et j'avais trop de mal a le caser :mur: j'en ai marre de ce sujet -_-

Flodelarab
Membre Légendaire

par Flodelarab » 13 Mai 2007, 14:19

Pourquoi tu t'obstines à mettre une proposition subordonnée ?
Fais des phrases simples:
Everyday, my family used to go for a walk.

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 14:29

ben je sais pas moi, je dosi caser deux condiotnnels passé, quelque used to, de smto de liaisons, faire un devoir construit et tout ça en 200 mots et je déborde sans arret : je dois me faire passer pour un enfnant de stolen génératino et raconter mon hsitoire, ce qui s'est passé mais en 200 mots c'est trop short :briques:

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 14:43

Sinon se serait possible d'avoir une chtite correction ?

My name is Cathy Gordon. I was born in 1916 in Westeria Australia. I am half-caste and aboriginal. I am part of stolen generation so I don’t know a my parents’ name. Since my kidnapping, I don’t forget and I decided your to tell my story.

I was in my eighth year. I was in the market with my brother and my mother. Although my mother watched us, my brother and me went away and were kidnapped by the armed force without our mother could react. I was separated from my brother and I did not never seen him. I can not help thinking that if had obeyed to my mother, we could have been still with our parents.

A white family adopted me. The parents had a first son. I had much difficulties to adapt me because it was such a new life for me. They treated me rather well and I was well-fed but I had learn to speak English and the Catholic religious so to give up my culture. Moreover, the family was used to going for a walk whereas I had to clean the house.

Since, I grew and I used to hate my family, but no longer do, I think that it is government’s fault and finally I agree with my family adopted even if I never seen my biological family.

voilou

Nightmare
Membre Légendaire

par Nightmare » 13 Mai 2007, 14:59

Since my kidnapping, I don’t forget and I decided your to tell my story.

=> Since my kidnapping, i haven't forgotten and i've decided to tell you my story

I was in my eighth year. I was in the market with my brother and my mother. Although my mother watched us, my brother and me went away and were kidnapped by the armed force without our mother could react. I was separated from my brother and I did not never seen him. I can not help thinking that if had obeyed to my mother, we could have been still with our parents.

=> I was in my eighties[...]my brother and I[...] without our mother being able to react[...] i get separated from my brother and never saw him again [...] If i had obeyed my mother, we'd still be with our parents.

A white family adopted me. The parents had a first son. I had much difficulties to adapt me because it was such a new life for me. They treated me rather well and I was well-fed but I had learn to speak English and the Catholic religious so to give up my culture. Moreover, the family was used to going for a walk whereas I had to clean the house.

=> I had many difficulties to adapt. they treated me well enough but I had to learn English and the Catholicism so i had to give up my culture. Furthermore, i was treated apart, the family was used to ......

Since, I grew and I used to hate my family, but no longer do, I think that it is government’s fault and finally I agree with my family adopted even if I never seen my biological family.

=> I no longer do[...] Eventually I agree with my adoption family even if i've never seen .

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 20:42

Merki beaucoup mais je trouve que du coup certain sens de mes phrase change, parce que j'avais regarder certaine expression précise dans le dico

Nightmare
Membre Légendaire

par Nightmare » 13 Mai 2007, 20:59

Quelles phrases?

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 13 Mai 2007, 21:26

Nightmare a écrit:Since my kidnapping, I don’t forget and I decided your to tell my story.

=> Since my kidnapping, i haven't forgotten and i've decided to tell you my story

=> I was in my eighties[...]my brother and I[...] without our mother being able to react[...] i get separated from my brother and never saw him again [...] If i had obeyed my mother, we'd still be with our parents.

=> I had many difficulties to adapt. they treated me well enough but I had to learn English and the Catholicism so i had to give up my culture. Furthermore, i was treated apart, the family was used to ......

=> I no longer do[...] Eventually I agree with my adoption family even if i've never seen .

alors voila :
even if I never seen my biological family.
et tu as remplacer par :
even if i've never seen

mais euh moi je voulai parler de la fmaille biologique et là je trouve on sait pas du coup enfin je sais pas j'ai des difficultés en anglais :s

Flodelarab
Membre Légendaire

par Flodelarab » 13 Mai 2007, 22:52

mais non! Tu peux le remettre. Il t'as juste indiqué que tu avais oublié le verbe.

"seen" est un participe passé. Le coller en plein milieu de phrase n'a pas de sens.
"have seen" a du sens.

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 14 Mai 2007, 09:49

et là c'est pareil ? je peux mettre : I had many difficulties to adapt. they treated me well enough and I was well-fed but I had to learn English and the Catholicism so i had to give up my culture.

pour avoir l'idée de bien manger ?

PetitePounette
Membre Relatif

par PetitePounette » 14 Mai 2007, 18:21

Les phrases "I would have enjoyed to be with her" et " I would have been happy to play with white children" sont correctes ou pas ?

Jeremy86000
Membre Naturel

par Jeremy86000 » 15 Mai 2007, 11:22

Par rapport au premier message, pour information, "should" est déjà un prétérit ... celui de "shall".

chanchand

Pourquoi

par chanchand » 26 Mai 2007, 19:58

Je n'arrive pas a maitriser les temps en anglais :marteau: souvemment j'ai commis des errreurs. :mur:

je mangais la nourriture que j'avais préparée.
I ate the food that I had cooked :cry:

Chandler

Jeremy86000
Membre Naturel

par Jeremy86000 » 30 Mai 2007, 22:25

chanchand a écrit:je mangais la nourriture que j'avais préparée.
I ate the food that I had cooked :cry:

C'est presque correct !

Je mangeai (= J'ai mangé) : I ate
Je mangeais (= J'étais en train de manger) : I was eating.

Tout dépend de ce que tu veux dire ;)

Retourner vers ♋ Langues et civilisations